Get the most from your Pack Rat Self Storage unit.
Find everything you need to pack and store at Pack Rat storage centers.General
- Store frequently used items at the front for easy access.
- Leave a center aisle when ever possible.
- Stack everything two inches from the walls to allow circulation.
- Store mirrors, pictures, mattresses and couches on end with protective covers.
- Place shelving against the walls and use for storing boxes and small items.
- Do not assume that your homeowner or renter insurance will cover your belongings while in storage. You may need to purchase insurance. Contact your Pack Rat center for details.
- Make a list of packing materials needed such as boxes, bubble pack, tape, marking pens, mattress and furniture covers, etc.
- Never store anything in sealed plastic bags, especially in non-climate controlled storage. The humidity will damage your goods. Pack Rat now offers climate controlled space in selected areas. Please call for availability.
- Keep out-of-season clothes accessible, you may have your belongings in storage longer than anticipated.
- Clothing that ordinarily hangs in a closet should be packed in a wardrobe carton.
- If storing woolen items, use cedar chips or mothballs to prevent moth damage.
- Store papers in fireproof boxes.
- Pack books flat in small boxes that weigh no more than 30 lbs. for easy lifting.
- Clean thoroughly and drain all water. Keep refrigerator and freezer doors slightly open.
- Utilize space inside appliances for more storage room.
- Remove and discard vacuum cleaner bags.